CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Introducing Yiota, The Greek Diva!

My life's work is in the field of mental health and education. A long time ago someone once told me that the secret to happiness is finding something I LUV to do, and then figuring out a way to earn a living doing it. Those who know me well are aware that I LUV to listen and talk (make kouvenda as my Mother would say), and drink coffee. How perfect that I have been able to do exactly that and earn a few dollars doing so.

In my work, I find that so many people do not know how to sit back, relax, and simply be still to hear the small quiet voice within the self that usually knows us better than we know ourselves. Furthermore, many people who struggle with depression and anxiety tell me they do not know what to do with themselves in their free time; thus, they are constantly on the go. Whew! How exhausting would that be? Hence, I encourage people to find a hobby. Find something to do that brings you pleasure, find a way to work it into your life, and do more of it!

As I walk this life, my hobbies change, as do I in some respects. The Apostle Paul wrote “When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.” (I Cor 13:10) I, for example, do not play with Barbie and Ken or participate in cheerleading anymore. Nor do I hang out in bars and nightclubs until the wee hours of the morning, spend all day on a beach soaking up rays with baby oil all over my body (good thing, huh?), or shop to keep America working as I once did when money was readily available. (And "no” friends, I don’t think that’s what has created this current economic crisis!) Nope. Now I BLOG!

I have always wanted to be a writer of something, and I intend for my BLOGS to take me somewhere, though I know not where! So please browse as you are led, share this BLOG with others, and laugh with me as I reveal my worldview and other such trivia with my readers.


Scroll down to the bottom of this page to find the link to the BLOG you want to visit. Once you land on your BLOG of choice, all of my other BLOGS are accessible from that BLOG under either the side-bar or bottom-bar subtitle MY BLOG LIST. Have fun!

0 comments: